Friday, March 26, 2010

I had an exciting night last night.(Mar 25-26) About 7 PM I started feeling dizzy - a little - after moving around some about 7:15-30 I found myself very dizzy. I told Cherlyn, "Just in case something happens, I feel really dizzy". Then very ungraciously I fell into my recliner. Cherlyn came over to look closely at me - didn't like my answers and called the ambulance. The next thing I knew my favorite EMT - PR2B was asking questions taking vitals and making things happen. By 8 PM we were on the way to Fox Hospital in Oneonta. ER and evaluation - Dr proposed I had had a TIA. I was in no condition to argue. When the EKG was set up and recorded I heard the technician say, "What a beautiful rhythm." Words I really wanted to hear.
I was admitted for observation which means they won't let you sleep and if you do they wrap something around your arm and squeeze it. Actually I got a few good naps in while they were not looking. This morning, after lots of waiting around for one thing or another I was released into Cherlyn's custody and got home about noon.
Have a follow up appointment with Dr. Sue at Riverside Clinic here in Stamford next Tuesday and a radiology appointment for a doppler test on my carotid arteries.
Now for about 20 lbs of me going away. Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment